As a Service Provider/Agent for international students, you may wish to organize a Group Cultural Experience for a short-term visit to the District School Board of Niagara.
Groups of at least 15 students may be accommodated from 2-3 weeks upon consultation.
The DSBN offers the following types of group programs:
1. Winter Integration Groups in Elementary School where international students are integrated alongside DSBN students in their classrooms providing a true immersion experience in an English-speaking environment. This group program can be accommodated for 2-3 weeks in January after the first school week (for example, starting from January 14, 2019).
DSBN Winter Camp January 2021 infosheet
2. Summer Holiday Groups where international students are placed together in classes to learn ESL through content about Canada and the Niagara Region and are accompanied by volunteer DSBN students in the classrooms who act as Canadian peers. This group program can be accommodated for 2 weeks in July.
DSBN Summer Camp July 2020 infosheet
The benefits of participating in an organized group program are that international students will:
- develop greater language skills in English
- develop ties and friendships with Canadian students
- develop a deeper understanding of the similarities and differences between our countries
- be introduced to the schools and living environment in Niagara with a view toward returning for longer-term study.
A wide variety of extra-curricular activities and student excursions can be planned for your group through a Student Support Service Provider in the Niagara Region with whom the DSBN works closely. Highlighted activities can include:
Niagara Falls Excursions: Journey Behind Falls, Boat Ride below Falls, Butterfly and Bird Sanctuaries, Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks, Hiking Trails, Skating, Skiing, and more!
Toronto Excursions: Canada's Wonderland, CN Tower, Science Centre, Sports Teams, Amusement Parks, Shopping and more!