Group Cultural Experience
As a Service Provider/Agent for international students, you may wish to organize a Group Cultural Experience for a short-term visit to the District School Board of Niagara.
Groups of at least 15 students may be accommodated from 2 weeks to several months in both secondary schools and elementary schools.
Contact us to enquire about Group Cultural Experience Programs.
Check out Becoming a Service Provider/Agent for the DSBN.
The DSBN offers the following types of group programs:
1. Integration Groups where international students are integrated during the school year alongside DSBN students in their classrooms providing a true immersion experience in an English-speaking environment.
2. Summer Holiday Groups where international students are placed together in classes to learn ESL through content about Canada and the Niagara Region and are accompanied by volunteer DSBN students in the classrooms who act as Canadian peers.
The benefits of participating in an organized group program are that international students will:
- develop greater language skills in English
- develop ties and friendships with Canadian students
- develop a deeper understanding of the similarities and differences between our countries
- be introduced to the schools and living environment in Niagara with a view toward returning for longer-term study.
A wide variety of extra-curricular activities and student excursions can be planned for your group through a Student Support Service Provider in the Niagara Region with whom the DSBN works closely. Highlighted activities can include:
Niagara Falls Excursions: Journey Behind Falls, Boat Ride below Falls, Butterfly and Bird Sanctuaries, Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks, Hiking Trails, Skating, Skiing, and more!
Toronto Excursions: CN Tower, Science Centre, Sports Teams, Amusement Parks, Shopping and more!
Popular times to visit the DSBN while classes are in session are:
- October/November to experience a Canadian Fall with all the beautiful colours of the changing foliage;
- January/February, to experience a Canadian Winter and its varied activities in the freshly fallen snow; and
- April/May, to experience a Canadian Spring with its warm temperatures and beautiful flower blossoms.
- July, to experience a Canadian Summer with all the outdoor activities available in a hot and sunny climate.