Discrimination, prejudice and racism have absolutely no place in our school communities. This is a belief we do not waver from at the DSBN.
But we know the truth is that many students still deal with it daily –
we want to change this by acting.
And we need help from DSBN students to get this important work done.
Students, your voice is so important. Which is why the DSBN Equity Team is working to establish the Equity, Inclusion & Anti-Racism Student Alliance.
A committee that will be made up of DSBN students, who will work with us directly to produce real, meaningful change –
in your school and across our entire system.
What's the goal of the Equity, Inclusion & Anti-Racism Student Alliance?
To address racism, hate, discrimination and oppression throughout DSBN.
To make the alliance happen –
to make change happen –
we need DSBN students to apply and be part of this initiative. We're looking for students who are:
- Committed to addressing racism, hate and all forms of discrimination and oppression
- Enthusiastic about creating positive change
- Interested in being a leader
- Passionate about creating a culture of support, inspiration and empowerment
How can you apply? Through this Google Form. And read below!
In your application, we encourage you to be creative! Your proposal can be any format –
video, audio, TikTok, slideshow, etc. –
and should be reflective of you. Here is what we want to know about you:
You can do a deeper dive into what this initiative is about by reading these Frequently Asked Questions, put together by the DSBN Equity Team: dsbn.org/equity/dsbn-equity-inclusion-anti-racism-student-alliance
- Tell us about yourself and how you identify
- Why are you interested in serving on this Committee?
- What are the specific areas of equity and inclusion you are passionate about?