Resources Available to You
These resources can assist you in identifying and attaining your educational/career goals.
Our Education/ Career Planning Co-ordinator will:
- assess the diploma status of individual students and assist with the development of plans to achieve eligibility.
- provide information sessions relating to specific areas of concern. (e.g. - How to apply to post-secondary institutions, OSAP, etc.)
- develop a monthly newsletter to keep students informed.
- work with teachers, social service agencies and other community organizations for the benefit of students.
- either through referral or direct intervention, help students to cope with aspects of their personal/ family lives which, otherwise, would interfere with their educational performance.
- maintain accurate student records. Transcripts are available upon request. A one week notice is required.
A number of excellent interactive programs like CHOICES, Career Cruising and Career Explorer are available to assist students with their career decision making. Internet is also available for students to access various educational and career websites.
Career Planning Centre
A variety of up-to-date career and post-secondary resources are available for student use in room 101. Students requiring more information can be referred to the DSBN Career Education Resource Library at the Don Reilly Centre.
On-site Contact with Ontario Works
An Ontario Works counsellor comes to the Lifetime Learning Centre once a week to work directly with students who are Ontario Works Clients.
Career Planning Service
An excellent working relationship exists between the Lifetime Learning Centre and the Career Planning Service. This agency provides assistance to adults in need of help with career planning.