Newcomers’ Guides to Education in Ontario - These guides provide information to help newcomer students and parents in Ontario's schools. The guides are available in 18 languages.
Resources for Parents - Parents can download these resources in a variety of languages.
- Make Reading Fun
- 10 Tips to Help Your Child with Reading
- 10 Tips to Help Your Child with Writing
- 10 Tips to Help Your Child with Math
- 10 Tips to Help your Child with Homework
- 10 Tips to Help Boys with Reading
- 10 Tips to Get Your Child Ready for School
- 10 Tips to Help You Communicate with the Teacher
- 10 Tips that Use Arts and Crafts to Develop Math and Literacy Skills
- Tips for Summer Learning Fun
- Does Your Child Need Extra Help?
- Helping your Child Do Mathematics
- Helping Your Child with Reading and Writing
Newcomer Orientation Week
Newcomer high school students can attend “Newcomer Orientation Week” the last week of August at St. Catharines Collegiate Secondary School.
Community and Government Links: