Students and staff have done an excellent job following COVID-19 protocols to keep each other healthy. Recognizing that COVID-19 cases are increasing in Niagara, we understand that there are families who may wish to keep their child(ren) home for the last days of school. DSBN is offering some flexibility to this week’s schedule:
On Wednesday, December 22nd and Thursday, December 23rd, students have the option to attend school in-person or spend those two days learning at home.
- Families who choose to keep their child(ren) home to learn online will be able to access asynchronous learning materials by going to: www.dsbn.org and click on the “Learn From Home” banner
- Students will not be marked absent
- Families who feel the online learning option is best for them are asked to let the school office know, or enter this choice in Safe Arrival and choose, “Parent Aware”
- Teachers will post daily asynchronous learning materials for students on December 22 and 23. Students can choose to complete these materials in-person at the school or finish them at home
- Students who choose to learn from home will not be marked absent – please enter this choice in Safe Arrival and choose, “Parent Aware”
- If students or families have any questions about these options, please call the office
If any families, elementary and secondary, have questions or concerns specific to your school, please contact your school directly.
We wish all students and their families a wonderful winter break.
Director of Education