We are expecting some unusually high temperatures over the next few days in Niagara Region. We are fortunate that these hot days are quite rare, however we will keep a close eye on the temperature. If your school feels it is necessary to cancel any outdoor events, they will send you a message directly.
We're sharing a few tips to help students feel more comfortable in the warmer weather. We also have ways to help students keep cool at the school as well.
Some tips for students:
- Dress in cool, loose clothing
- Keep their water bottle filled
- Drink water every 20 minutes
- Wear a hat and sunscreen
- Splash and rinse skin with cool water
What schools are doing:
- Set up fans and/or open windows classrooms for air flow
- Closing blinds to reduce heat from the sun
- Remind students to stay hydrated
- Limit strenuous activity
- Rotate classes through areas of the school that are air conditions such as the library
If decide to keep your child home, please use the Safe Arrival system to ensure that your school knows. Please contact your school if you have any questions or concerns.