Community Use of Schools

Frequently Asked Questions

 What Happens if there is Inclement Weather? 

When schools remain open during times of inclement weather, Community Use of Schools activities are allowed to continue as scheduled. However, if your community group determines that you are unable to proceed with your permit due to weather conditions, you can contact the Community Use of Schools office (905-641-2929 ext. 54301) to adjust your permit.  

You will not receive any charges or penalties to modify or cancel bookings due to inclement weather. Even if you make the decision to cancel your booking after hours, you can contact Community Use of Schools the following working day, and the booking and any associated charges will be removed from your permit. Alternatively, permit holders may log into their user account in the Community Use of Schools permit portal and edit their permits in order to cancel bookings.