Personal Support Worker


What Does This Program Offer?

The Personal Support Worker Program gives students the skills they need to work in this high-demand career. Students learn how to care for people who have many different health issues and needs. After finishing this 10 month program, students will be able to work in a variety of settings, such as long-term care homes, hospitals and retirement homes, or supportive living and homecare environments.  The program is provincially accredited and taught by health care professionals.

Personal Support Worker Image

Who Should Take This Program

You should take this program if you:

  • Are 18 years or older
  • Have a strong desire to care for vulnerable people
  • Are looking for a new career
  • Enjoy working with people
Personal Support Worker Image

What Can I Do With This Program?

As part of the Personal Support Worker program, you will be able to:

  • Get over 400 hours of hands-on experience
  • Start a new career with a 90% placement rate
  • Earn $16-$23 per hour with lots of opportunities for overtime
  • Earn credits toward your high school diploma


Do I need to attend an information session?

What is a Personal Support Worker (PSW)?

How can I get a copy of my transcript asap?

I misplaced my certificate. How can I receive a new one?

When Does It Start?

The program runs from September to June. There is a Daytime or Evening/weekend program.

How Do I Apply?

Step 1: Please view the PSW Information Session PowerPoint View.

Step 2: Complete the PSW Application Form.

Step 3: You will be contacted with a date and time for your intake interview 1-2 business days after completing the application form.

Please note that PSW programs can be competitive and can fill quickly.

Recruitment typically begins annually in March.
Due to COVID-19, the recruitment process will begin in June.


Daytime Program
535 Lake St., St. Catharines
(Lifetime Learning Centre)

5960 Pitton Road, Niagara Falls
(Westlane Secondary School)


Please contact us to learn more about the cost. Funding may be available through various social service agencies.


Phone: 905-641-2929