What Does The PSW Program Offer?
Personal Support Workers are in high demand! After finishing the 10 month or 6 month accelerated Personal Support Worker (PSW) program, students will be able to work in a variety of settings, such as long-term care homes, hospitals and retirement homes, supportive living, and home care environments. Are you ready to enter this rewarding career? Please review our PSW Eligibility and Next Steps, then register for one of our information sessions, when they become available!! Frequently asked questions.
Program Details: 2 Options
6-month Accelerated, Hybrid Option
- 2 weeknights plus every other weekend for placement in addition to self-guided study
- Combination of synchronous, asynchronous, in-class, and placements
- Class time is 5pm-10pm 2 weeknights
- Placements are full days every other weekend; clinical placements are 6am-2pm
- Pick from:
- July – December in St. Catharines (Lifetime Learning Centre)
- January – June in St. Catharines (Lifetime Learning Centre)
10-month Day Program Option
- Monday-Friday in-class learning – no evenings or weekends!
- Class time is 9am-12:45pm
- Placements are full days on weekdays; clinical placements are 2 days a week from 6am-2pm
- Pick from:
- September – June in St. Catharines (Lifetime Learning Centre)
- September – June in Niagara Falls (Gate Alliance Church)
- February – January with no summer classes in St. Catharines (Lifetime Learning Centre)
Placements for both options:
- Placements in a variety of settings, such as long-term care, homecare, retirement living, adult day programs, schools, and more
- Clinical placements are 6am-2pm
What is a Personal Support Worker (PSW)?
How can I get a copy of my transcript asap?
I misplaced my certificate. How can I receive a new one?