Ordering Instructions


  1. Complete Transcript & Diploma Request Form  

    The Transcript & Diploma Request Form is available as a blank printable PDF form OR an on-line fillable PDF form.

    1. Official Copies of Secondary School Transcripts
      • Required for Colleges, Universities, Employment, or Personal Records.
      • Once your records have been located you will be sent the instructions via email on how to remit payment using School Cash Online.
      • Official Transcripts and Diplomas will be mailed via Canada Post when complete.
      • For Transcript Requests for Colleges and Universities include: o The full mailing address of the College or University with the name of the department where the Transcript is to be directed. o The College or University application number, if available.
      • IMPORTANT - Official Transcripts and Diplomas cannot be sent to students via email
    2. Unofficial Working Copies of Secondary School Transcripts
      • Not official copies.
      • Can be emailed or faxed directly to Secondary School schools and Adult Education Facilities at no charge, provided the school is willing to accept them via email or fax.
      • Unofficial working copies of transcripts cannot be sent to a personal email address.

    Completed Transcript & Diploma Request Forms must be submitted to the DSBN Record Centre by:

    • e-mail – transcripts@dsbn.org 
    • fax – 905-688-7753
    • mail or courier:
      Attention: Transcript Services
      District School Board of Niagara
      191 Carlton Street
      St. Catharines, ON, L2R 7P4 
    • Walk-in Applications cannot be received as the Education Centre is closed to the public due to Public Health Protocols related to the Covid-19 pandemic

    DO NOT FORGET to include a copy of your ID along with your Transcript & Diploma Request Form. Forms received without ID will not be processed until the photo ID is submitted. The copy of your ID must be legible to be accepted.

    • If submitting the form via email, the ID can be sent as an attachment by scanning or taking a digital photograph. PDF or JPG files are preferred.
    • If submitting the form via fax, mail or courier, the photo ID must be clearly photocopied. 
  2. Transcripts required for Post-Secondary On-Line Application in ONTARIO (OCAS/OUAC)

    If planning to attend College or University in Ontario, request your Transcripts via either.

    OCAS and OUAC are the fastest services for post-secondary institutions in Ontario to receive your Official Transcript. You will be able to track the status of your application and transcript request on-line through your OCAS/OUAC account. 

    Former students of the District School Board of Niagara applying on-line to an Ontario College or University through OCAS or OUAC will be required to order a transcript as part of the online registration process.  The Official Transcript fee ($20) will be added to the on-line application and processed directly by OCAS or OUAC.  OCAS/OUAC will forward your Official Transcript to your college/university choices.  When you apply to more than three colleges or three universities, OCAS/OUAC will advise if you require additional copies of your Official Transcript and any related additional fees.

    For the OCAS/OUAC Application, you will require your Ontario Education Number (OEN), which can be found on your report cards.  For students who attended school prior to 2002 (i.e. before OEN existed) or do not know their OEN enter nine zeroes (000-000-000) in the OEN section.