Transcripts and Diplomas

The District School Board of Niagara (DSBN) Records Centre processes requests for official copies of transcripts and diplomas received from former students who have previously attended a DSBN Secondary School or Adult Learning Centre (or schools within the former Lincoln County (LCBE) and Niagara South School Boards(NSBE)).  


  • The DSBN Records Centre can only process requests made for records of former students that last attended schools or Adult Learning Centres (ALCs) that are a part of the DSBN, formerly the LCBE and NSBE.If you last attended a secondary school or adult learning centre that was not a part of the DSBN, please contact the appropriate school or school board.
    • If you are not sure if the Secondary School or Adult Learning Centre that you last attended is or was a part of the DSBN (LCBE and NSBE) please see the list of DSBN Secondary Schools.  The list contains both open and closed DSBN Secondary Schools.
  • Student transcripts are confidential and can only be issued upon the written request or consent of the student. To make a request the former student must complete a request form and submit it along with proof of ID.
  • If the student is 18 years of age or over, a parent or guardian may not request or receive a transcript without written authorization from the student, including proof of the student’s identification.
  • Any discrepancies in courses or marks on your Transcript must be resolved by your home school. The Records Centre is not authorized to change any mark or credit information.
  • The Records Centre is not authorized to print Report Cards. Please contact your home school regarding these documents.
  • In compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Records Centre is not permitted to release any student information over the phone.

Records that provide Proof of Secondary School Achievement/Graduation: 


A Secondary School Transcript lists all courses taken and marks achieved from grades 9 to 12/12B/OAC/13 by a student and will also state the student’s graduation status. If the student is a graduate, the transcript will list the type of diploma awarded and the date that it was granted

Transcript Type

Official Copy

Unofficial Working Copy

Used for

Personal records, college and universities applications, employment, proof of graduation, etc.

Students that are returning to secondary school, adult learning centres, some government run programs, etc.


$20.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy that is ordered at the same time

No fee for unofficial transcripts

Sent by Mail


Can be mailed to any location that has a postal address


Can be mailed to as many places as the student orders transcripts for


Cannot be mailed – Email ONLY

Email to Schools


May be used by a school as a place holder until the school receives the hard copy in the mail


Student must contact the school/ ALC/Program to determine if a working copy is acceptable.

Email to personal or student email address


Not Permitted


Not permitted

Processing time


(Time may be longer during peak periods)

Typically 5-7 business days

NOTE: the transcript will not be sent until the payment has been received.

Typically 5-7 business days



Diplomas are used for providing proof of graduation from Secondary (High) School.

Diplomas provide proof of graduation only and do not contain any course or mark information


Certificates are used to show that a student attended secondary school but did not complete the requirements for a diploma.

Types of Diplomas

Ontario Secondary School Diploma

Secondary School Graduation Diploma

Secondary School Honours Graduation Diploma



Only one copy can be ordered at a time

Sent by Mail



Email to Schools


Please note that most schools would prefer a transcript

Email to personal or student email



Processing Time

Typically 7 to 14 business days, however there may be delays depending on availability or older diploma/certificate blanks from the Ontario Ministry of Education.


NOTE: the replacement diploma will not be sent out until the payment has been received.

Ordering Student Transcripts and/or Diplomas

Click Here