Become a Service Provider/Agent
An International Education Service Provider (Agent) for the DSBN is defined as an organization/company in Canada or another country that provides referrals of international students to the District School Board of Niagara.
Services for international students may include, but are not limited to:
- Referral of students to the DSBN for full-year or semester-long academic study
- Referral of a group of students to the DSBN for short-term cultural experience programs
- Referral of students to a CIC authorized representative to give study permit and visa application advice
- English language proficiency training
- Pre-departure orientation
- Making homestay arrangements
- Providing custodianship services for minors
- Arranging airport transfer services
An approved Service Provider (Agent) is eligible to receive commissions from the DSBN for student referrals for academic study or for a group cultural experience program.
To become an International Education Service Provider (Agent) for the DSBN, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a business licence for a registered business in Canada or another country and be able to provide proof of licence.
- If a registered business in China, must provide proof of Study Abroad Licence from the national government of the P.R.C.
- If a registered business in Canada that provides hands-on services to students while in Canada (for example, custodianship, airport transfers), must provide proof of liability insurance of at least CAD $2,000,000.
- Cannot be an individual who does not have a business licence
- Have at least one year of experience successfully referring students to study in Canada.
- Request a Service Provider Application Form and a Sample Service Provider Agreement to review from the International Education Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the Service Provider Application Form to the International Education Office at: email@example.com
- Application will be reviewed and, if accepted, a Service Provider Agreement will be entered into for a 2-year period with optional 1-year extensions made by mutual consent.