Ontario's Strategy for K-12 International Education
The DSBN offers the High-quality Ontario Curriculum
In the Province of Ontario in Canada, it is the Ontario provincial government that administers and oversees the education system. The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) is ranked in the top 15% of high-school diplomas among developing countries, according to the PISA results (OECD, 2014). Watch the following short video and learn why studying the Ontario curriculum offered in DSBN Schools, is a wise choice.
Study the Ontario Curriculum in Canada
The DSBN offers you an opportunity to:
- Immerse yourself in an English environment where classrooms have a high representation of native-English-speakers helping your English proficiency to improve quickly.
- Receive a comprehensive level of English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) support at our specialized elementary and secondary schools providing services for international students.
- Make friends by participating in school clubs, for example, robotics, sports teams, music, or the arts.
- Live in smaller, safe communities that have good bus transportation services, up-to-date medical facilities, retail name-brand shopping centres, extensive outdoor recreation venues, and a variety of sports teams.
- Earn the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) widely recognized for admission to universities and colleges in Canada, the USA., and worldwide.
Ontario, as a province, has the highest proportion of reputable post-secondary institutions than any other province. When you complete the OSSD at the DSBN, you will have a wide range of post-secondary options and may qualify for substantial scholarships from these institutions. A sample of the programs to which DSBN international students have been accepted are shown below.